Posted date: Mar 27, 2016
by: Jason Padgett
These cookies came out perfect, and were eaten within minutes of being out of the oven.
The only changes I made were, I used triticale flour, I used a mix of nuts (almonds, pecans, brazil nuts, and hazel nuts, and I only used about 6oz of mini chocolate chips.
Also, the cook time was more like 10 - 12 mins, but that may be due to the altitude.
Chocolate Chip Banana Cookies
Recipe By:Emily Vega
"A delicious blend of all your favorite flavors, these sturdy little cookies vanish almost instantly!"
1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 large egg
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup mashed very ripe banana
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Spread walnuts onto a baking sheet.
3. Bake in the preheated oven until walnuts are toasted and fragrant, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from oven and cool; coarsely chop.
4. Whisk all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, salt, and baking soda together in a bowl. Beat butter, brown sugar, and white sugar together in a bowl using an electric mixer until pale and fluffy; add egg and vanilla extract. Beat until just combined. Beat banana into creamed butter mixture until just combined.
5. Stir flour mixture into creamed butter mixture until dough is just combined; fold in oats, chocolate chips, and walnuts. Drop heaping spoonfuls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing each mound about 1 1/2 inch apart.
6. Bake on the center rack of the preheated oven for 6 minutes. Rotate pans and bake until edges are browned, 6 to 7 more minutes. Cool cookies on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2016 Allrecipes.com
Printed From Allrecipes.com 3/27/2016